Bidding Live Online
New technologies are available allowing you to bid live online from the comfort of your home or office computer. Follow the live auction in real time and even watch live video and audio stream of the auctioneer! All that’s needed is a computer with Java installed and a fast, reliable internet connection.
1.) Access our Online Catalog: There are several ways to access our online catalogs. Either of these simple steps will take you to our Live and upcoming auctions.
- Visit www.liveauctions.holabirdamericana.com
- Visit our main website at www.holabirdamericana.com, from the menu bar select HKA Auctions; HKA Live
- Click on the Auction link or the HKA Live button directly from our homepage
2.) Sign Up to Bid:Once you have reached our online catalog, also known as HKA Live select “Get Approved To Bid” located on the right hand side of the screen.
- Enter your username and password
- You will be prompted to verify your address and contact information and will need to re-enter your credit card information, and agree to the user agreement and terms of the auction.
- Once you have verified your account you can continue on to the auction
- Select create an account, enter your preliminary information; Name, email, username and password. An email will be sent to you.
- Check your email for a verification notice. Follow the link in the email to verify your account.
- Enter your additional contact information, credit card number, and agree to the user agreement and terms. You will then be prompted to continue to the auction.
3.) Bidding Live: On the day of the sale you can bid live from your computer and follow the auction in real time as well as watch live video and audio feed of the auction. In order to follow the live video and audio feed you will need java installed on your PC. Simply visit http://www.java.com for a free download. Although you may use other internet browsers, Google Chrome is the browser of choice for bidding live.
- Navigate to the auction as outlined in step 1. Select Live Now and continue to Live Auction.
- If you wish to follow the optional video and audio feed select the Live Video/Audio option from the upper right portion of the screen.
*Please note: While many folks have been quite successful using internet bidding as their primary method of bidding, this bidding method is subject to internet interference, delays, and human error. The best way to secure your bids is to come to the auction in person or arrange to be on the telephone.